UPCOMING EVENTS

Sunrise: First thing tomorrow morning. To be repeated daily until further notice.

2015 All-Bearcat Picnic:
The date is set for the seventh annual picnic. Join us on Saturday, March 21, 2015 at the PERA Club in Tempe. The picnic is meant for all RHS classes, their families, and the faculty and staff. Bring your own food, drink, and name tags, but no booze!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Myra Savant Says, "Hi."

I was born in Ray in 1944 and can remember most of the elementary school teachers' names.

First grade: Mrs. Smith, second, Miss Holmes, who married and became Mrs. Durenberger. third: Mrs Hubbard, fourth Miss Collins, Fifth, Mrs. Powers, Sixth, Mr Avants, Seventh Mr. Kuykendall and I don't remember 8th grade. Our school nurse was Mrs. Blair I think, and the principal was Mr Case. I seem to remember that the superintendent was Mr. Herbert, but I could definitely be wrong on that.

I have a photo somewhere of our first grade class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember Mrs. Edith Powers, Mr. Avants and Mr. Kuykendall. Mr. Avants gave me a ride in his new Studebaker Golden Hawk in '56 or so. I still want that car! The super--Mr. Hershel Hooper, maybe. I recall Mrs. Kelso, the Spanish teacher, and I lived next door to her.
Richard Laitinen

Post a Comment